Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Fall Fashion Trend: The Blanket Coat Styled

 When I saw that 'the blanket coat' was a fall fashion trend let me tell you, I thought I was cool. I'm not trying to brag or anything (yah right totally bragging it up here) but I bought a blanket 'coat' last winter. Yes, you heard it here first folks, I was a blanket coat hipster.

I do have a confession to make though, I don't wear mine as a coat. It's not thick enough for that. Also, I didn't buy it to be fashionable. I saw a giant sweater in the form of a blanket and thought to myself, "Self that is THE thing for you". So those are my confessions.

I do wear this sweater/coat often and so I thought that you might want to see the different styling options that I've tried.
There is the standard, put it on let it be option.

The way I wear it most often is to belt it making ruffles in the bottom which promotes increased warmth while also making my waist look slimmer and having it not overpower my frame.

The third and warmest way that you can wear it  is kimono style, just double it over and then belt it. I had not even thought of this until I decided to do this post but I kind of really like it. What do you think? Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment